Prize Information

The Nanaimo Barbecue Festival’s competitors are serious about their barbecue!  Join us on July 12th & 13th as they battle it out for their share of $10,000 in prize money!

On SATURDAY JULY 12th there will be side contests where teams can enter for $25 per entry per category.

1. Best Chicken Wings
2. Best Sauce
3. Best Of the Sea

4. Best Dessert

The winner of each category will receive 80% of the pot in that category

On the SUNDAY JULY 13th there will be the TRADITIONAL COMPETITION (as per the KCBS – sanctioned rules), results of all 4 categories area compiled into an overall score.

In addition there will be a People’s Choice award. Meat will be provided for the members of the public to purchase tickets for sample size bites from the Chicken Wing and Butt portion of the cook-off.

The winner of People’s Choice will receive 20% of the money raised from the sale of tickets with the Nanaimo Barbecue Festival keeping the other 80%. There is no fee for the teams to enter this event and for participating teams the chicken wings and the butt will be provided.

Prizes are as follows…

Grand Champion Prize

  • $1,500 Cash Prize
  • Grand Champion Trophy
  • Free Entry in 2013 Nanaimo Barbecue Festival Competition

Reserve Grand Champion Prize

  • $900 Cash Prize
  • Reserve Grand Champion Trophy

Cash Prizes per Category
(Chicken, ribs, beef, pork) 

$375 & Trophy First Place
$275 & Plaque Second Place
$225 & Plaque Third Place
$175 & Plaque Fourth Place
$150 & Plaque Fifth Place
$125 Sixth Place
$100 Seventh Place
$ 75 Eighth Place
$ 60 Ninth Place
$ 40 Tenth Place

Enter your team Today!

 


Sitemap

Home
Event Information
Prize Information
Summer Fun Expo
Sponsors
The Charity
Kansas City BBQ Society
Contact Us
Sponsors

Sign Age
Nanaimo Daily News
The Coast Bastion Inn
Sonshine Girls Painting
See all our Sponsors
Social Media

FacebookFacebook